Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gospel Rescue Mission in Tucson


Some more images from my trip to Tucson a few weeks ago. A good productive shoot, although a quick trip. I flew in on a red eye flight. shot the next day and flew out on another red eye that same night.

A mission shoot involves two parts: Shooting within the mission, showing the clients and services and then shooting outside the mission to try and capture "the need" for the services provided by the mission. For the outside, street work, I try and find a person (called a fixer) who can guide me to areas where there are people to shoot and hopefully give me access to these people. Mike, my fixer, was excellent. He had recently come off the streets into the Mission program and knew, and more importantly was liked by everyone. This made my work very simple. Getting the access is really the hard part and makes all the difference.

On another note, I did not make the final cut for the McKnight fellowship, which is a bummer. I'll try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment