Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Prairie View Heights


Well it has been a long time with no posts. Just busy with the holiday madness. Personally, I am glad we are on the other side of all of that and getting back into some sort of routine.

I spent a few hours today doing portraits of some of the residents of Prairie View Heights which is a Good Samaritan facility. It is an on-going project, where I am attempting to create portraits for people who wouldn't normally have them done. It's been my experience that these photos ultimately become very valuable.

Today I had to cajole many reluctant people into sitting in front of the camera. Either they have had bad experiences with photographers in the past or they didn't think they looked good...which is unfortunate. To me these people are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment