Friday, August 14, 2009

Iowa City


On the way to a shoot in Iowa City, I passed by these characters walking down the street. Had to turn back and ask them if I could make a photo. Apparently there is a Japanese Animation convention in town and they were dressed up like characters. In the past, I might have just kept on driving, but this was too good and I had all my equipment with me. Can't let these opportunities pass me by. Even if the photo turns out to be a dud, the encounter with the people never is.

My shoot at the Hope Lodge for the American Cancer Society was at times emotional but went well. I will have photos in a future post.
It was a big day...600 miles of driving with a full day of shooting in-between.

2 comments:

  1. I think this a great example of seizing the moment to make a nice photo. I'm originally from the Iowa City area so this obviously got my attention along with your Hope Lodge shoot. I look forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott, it's Ami. It was very nice to meet you! This photo looks absolutely lovely and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to snap a few pictures of us. I'm glad your shoot went well -- I look forward to your updates. You have some real talent! =)

    ReplyDelete