Friday, June 26, 2009

Pez




The Pez display is in place in the new space, which is an indicator that I am now "officially moved". The Pez have really become a focal point within the space. It results in many questions/comments which vary depending on the age of inquirer.

Adults:

How long have you been collecting pez?
about 20 years

How many do you have?
about 350

Are any of them worth a lot of money?
I only buy them when they are introduced, so I have usually paid about $1.29 or so for each. Over the years, people have given me some that are actually worth much more (they usually are the ones without the feet)

I never knew there were so many?
there are well over 1000

What are those?
asked by someone from a deprived childhood



Children:

Do you have all of them?
no

Can I have (fill in character)?
I do have extras I give away, although I chose

Who ate all that candy?
(this is my favorite, which is usually asked by an 8-10 year boy. I get to say, "I did" and I gain their respect, not because I have all the dispensers, but because I ate all the candy)

1 comment:

  1. Its a good thing I dont work for you anymore cause surely I would have eaten the candy before you had the chance.

    Shawn Cronkhite
    La Verne Ca

    ReplyDelete